Online betting has been going on worldwide for over two decades. However, in recent years, it has become popular among gamblers in India, thanks to the widespread availability of the internet and the use of smartphones as well as online betting apps that promote live betting.
Here, on our website, you can find various sportsbook reviews intended as comprehensive guides on how to bet on sports online. Stay with us and learn more about the sports betting operators available to Indian sports enthusiasts.
Top Betting Sites for Indian Sports Lovers
Indian sports lovers, who take betting online seriously, have specific interests that online bookmakers seek to fulfil. As an Indian who wishes to do online betting, you must seek a sportsbook operator that offers your favourite sports, favourite markets, your preferred currency options, your preferred language options, safety of your data, ease of withdrawal and deposit of funds, and so on.
In the following table, we list some online betting sites that meet all these requirements and more:
Online Sports Betting Welcome Offers
In a very competitive gambling industry, online sports betting welcome offers are made by online bookmakers to attract new customers to online betting. These can be in the form of free bets, enhanced odds, or matched bonuses. We look at some popular welcome offers made by sportsbook operators:
- Deposit Bonus: Sportsbooks offer deposit bonuses to welcome new players to online betting. The most popular offer is a 100% deposit bonus. This means that if you make a first deposit of ₹1000, you will get ₹2000 to play with if you satisfy the terms and conditions of the offer. The terms usually include wagering requirements and time limits, which means you must bet a certain amount within a period after registration to be able to withdraw your bonus amount.
- Risk Free Bet: This type of welcome offer becomes active if you lose your first bet, while betting online. It is a form of a refund of the amount you have lost. Usually, sportsbooks have a maximum limit for refunds. You can only expect a full refund if your loss is within such limit. You must satisfy the qualifying wagering requirement as specified by the sportsbook. Typically, free bets and cash-out wagers will not count towards this type of welcome bonus. Further, you must use the free bet in full and within the specified time limit.
What is a Sportsbook Promo Code?
A promo code is a code commonly used by a sportsbook to attract new customers to online betting. Promo codes are usually a word or a number or a combination of both that a bettor can use to receive a prize from an online sportsbook. The prize could be a bonus or a free bet or even a ticket to a big sports event such as a test match between India and Australia or an ODI World Cup match.
Promo codes would typically look like BET250, which implies that it’s a bonus given for betting (implied by the word BET) and that you could receive ₹250 or 250% of the bet you are making.
The sportsbooks themselves create the code and change them from time to time. You could see a code offered on a Monday but find that it’s no longer there on Tuesday. Some promo bonus codes remain the same and sportsbook could allow you to use them repeatedly for a time. You can only use promo bonus codes exclusively at the sportsbook that offers them.
How to Use a Promo Code to Sign up at a Sportsbook?
If you are a new customer to online sports betting who wants to use the promo code offered by a sportsbook, such as a bonus code for bet365, for example, you need to register first. Here’s how you can do it:
- You can begin the process of signing up for a new account by clicking on a “join up” button usually provided with the promo code offer or on the home page. The sign-up screen will open.
- Provide the mandatory information in the registration fields on the sign-up screen, such as your name and contact details.
- Account details required usually include an email id and password. You may also need to provide an answer to a security question and enter your preferred currency.
- Enter the optional referral code or promo code, if applicable.
- Enjoy the vast world of online betting possibilities.
And the Online Sports Betting Offers Don’t Stop There!
In addition to welcome offers, most sportsbook operators have various bonuses as incentives to new and existing customers. We explain a few of the other online sports betting offers here:
- Best Odds Guaranteed: This promotion allows you to enjoy the best odds offered on an event. For instance, the odds offered on a cricket team may have been 2/1 at the time you placed your bet. During the match, the odds may have risen to 3/1 at some point of the game. Under this promotion, the sportsbook operator will apply those odds (3/1) to compute your winnings if any.
- Existing customer promo: A sportsbook operator may offer a loyalty bonus as a reward for regular customers, usually in the form of a free wager or a risk-free bet on a sporting event.
- Free Bet promotion: A sportsbook may offer you additional funds to bet on your favourite events.
- Reload Promotion: Supposing you have stopped frequenting a sportsbook operator, they may offer this type of bonus to welcome you back, usually in the form of a free wager or a risk-free bet.
Understanding Online Betting: FAQ
We look at some commonly asked questions about online betting and try to provide you with comprehensive answers:
What Makes a Good Online Betting Operator?
As an Indian player, you must look for an online betting operator that allows Indian players to bet and accepts deposits in INR. Top betting sites will offer the range of sports and markets that interest you, live betting, and ease of deposit and withdrawal of money, and keep your data safe. They will also have mobile-friendly downloadable online betting apps and multilingual customer support.
How Do I Know Which Betting Sites to Trust?
We host sportsbook reviews of top betting sites to help you choose the most trustworthy betting sites. After reading our sportsbook reviews, you can shortlist websites and do further research by looking at feedback from users at those sites.
What is a Sportsbook Bonus?
The term ‘sportsbook bonus’ refers to any bonus an online betting sportsbook operator may offer, such as a free bet bonus or a first deposit bonus. The bonus usually comes accompanied by a set of betting requirements that typically involve wagering a certain amount before you can withdraw the bonus, and a time limit, within which you must redeem the bonus offer.
What is a Rollover in Online Sports Betting?
A sportsbook bonus will require you to satisfy some terms and conditions to avail the bonus. Typically, the terms will include a “rollover” requirement, which means you must wager a certain amount before you can withdraw the bonus amount.
We will explain what a rollover is with an example. Supposing you deposit ₹1000 to a sportsbook that is offering a 100% bonus with a 6X rollover. You will therefore have ₹2000 to bet with. But to be able to withdraw the bonus amount, you must place ₹12000 ((1000+1000) x 6) in bets.
Where Can I Bet Using Indian Rupees (INR)?
If an online sportsbook accepts wagers in INR, you will stand to benefit as you can begin to deposit money by transferring money from your bank account. Further, you can avoid a lot of effort and complication by not having to convert INR into US dollars or other currency. You would also be able to save money in the form of exchange fees you would have to pay for such conversion. The good news is that the majority of top betting sites include this option.